Welcome to EdCMA
Participants at the 2018 Annual Advanced Workshop for Anthropological Research on Health, Medicine, and Wellbeing, co-organised with Durham University:
Professor Brandon Kohrt delivered the 2018 EdCMA Annual Lecture.
Applying Anthropology for Mental Health Interventions in Humanitarian Emergencies
Participants at the 2017 Annual Advanced Workshop for Anthropological Research on Health, Medicine, and Wellbeing, co-organised with Durham University:
See the presentations from the one day symposium, on Global Challenges in Infectious Diseases here. Organised by the Edinburgh Centre for Medical Anthropology and Edinburgh Infectious Diseases, these bring together a wide spectrum of expertise in social sciences with relevance to infectious diseases research.
Highlights from 2017!
Events in the spring and summer of 2017, included:
- a joint workshop with Edinburgh Infectious Diseases, with a keynote by Vinh-Kim Nguyen;
- a networking event on Global Mental Health;
- an advanced workshop for PhD and MSc students on the Anthropology of Health, Medicine and Wellbeing, coordinated with Durham University
- visits by Elizabeth Hallam and Carlo Caduff to discuss their recent books;
- the MAYS Medical Anthropology conference;
- talks by Dr Bhargavi Davar;