Our Taught and Research MSc can be continued into the PhD in Social Anthropology Programme.
Examples of recent and current PhDs include:
- An ethnography of care and community among compulsive hair pullers in the United Kingdom
- For the Good of the Breed: health, heredity, and the ethics of breeding pedigree dogs
- "It just opens up their world": Autism, equine therapy and enacted intersubjectivities
- Pandemic Parenthood: Care and Kinship in a Time of AIDS
- Practicing Public Health: Health Workers and Tuberculosis Control in Contemporary China
- Transnational Conceptions: Displacement, Maternity, and Onward Migration among Somalis in Nairobi, Kenya
- Chronic Illness at the Margins: Turkish Immigrant Experiences of Type 2 Diabetes in Germany
- Mapuche Healing Cosmologies
- Bodies of Memory, States of Health: Disability in Post-conflict Serbia
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our PhD application webinar (December 2017). The slides are here...