Welcome to EdCMA
Worlds Beyond Us: SoMA organised symposium, February 2019
Delegates participating at the September 2018 EdCMA / RAI conference Valuing Health
Participants at the 2018 Annual Advanced Workshop for Anthropological Research on Health, Medicine, and Wellbeing, co-organised with Durham University:
Participants at the 2017 Annual Advanced Workshop for Anthropological Research on Health, Medicine, and Wellbeing, co-organised with Durham University:
See the presentations from the one day symposium, on Global Challenges in Infectious Diseases here. Organised by the Edinburgh Centre for Medical Anthropology and Edinburgh Infectious Diseases, these bring together a wide spectrum of expertise in social sciences with relevance to infectious diseases research.
Highlights from 2017!
Events in the spring and summer of 2017, included:
- a joint workshop with Edinburgh Infectious Diseases, with a keynote by Vinh-Kim Nguyen;
- a networking event on Global Mental Health;
- an advanced workshop for PhD and MSc students on the Anthropology of Health, Medicine and Wellbeing, coordinated with Durham University
- visits by Elizabeth Hallam and Carlo Caduff to discuss their recent books;
- the MAYS Medical Anthropology conference;
- talks by Dr Bhargavi Davar;